Marilyn Raphael MPH, MBA
Marilyn is an accomplished business, public health and not-for-profit leader. She is a Vice President at TD Asset Management and Co-founder of ICON Talent Partners, an organization that helps leading corporations recruit top diverse talent. In 2019, she was recognized as Brampton’s Top 40 Under 40.
A married mother of two young boys, as MPP Marilyn will bring to Queen’s Park the concerns of Brampton families. She will focus on strengthening healthcare, fighting for affordable housing, improving public education, helping young graduates find meaningful work, and rebuilding our economy so working families and small businesses thrive.
Setting Up Brampton South for Success!
Strengthening Health and Senior’s Care
- End Hallway healthcare by building a 2 new full hospital and a medical school
- Help seniors retire with dignity by ending for-profit Long -Term Care and investing in Home Care
Helping Every Student Succeed in School
- Support student’s individual learning needs,by cutting class sizes
- Bring an full university plus medical school to Brampton
Making Life More Affordable for the Middle Class
- Cap Childcare at $10/day and extending paid parental leave to 18 months
- Bring home ownership back in reach through 1st time home buyer incentives and taxes on foreign buyers.
Smart Investments in Transit and Downtown Brampton
- Reduce gridlock by funding the Main Street LRT, Queen Street BRT, and all-day GO service
- Accelerated the Downtown Brampton revitalization by funding the Riverwalk
More Support for Workers and Small Businesses
- Increase minimum wage to $16
- 10 paid sick days, and dental/drug/mental health benefits for gig and contract workers
- Help businesses recover and rehire staff by cutting taxes on small businesses.